I even have 3 love affairs with regards to food: 1. Facet dishes, 2. Foil recipes and 3. Garlic parmesan. Side dishes are one of the most crucial additives of a meal, once in a while even extra vital than the principle entree, and foil recipes are, well, just so stinking clean..
So whilst you combine all 3 together, you create the most epic side dish of all. It’s short, it’s packed with heaps of taste, and all of it comes collectively in an easy peasy foil packet with freshly grated Parmesan, masses of garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 ounces broccoli florets*
- 16 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and onion powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide broccoli and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer.
- Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Spoon the garlic mixture over the broccoli and potatoes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the vegetables, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 12-14 minutes.*
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley, if desired.
View the full recipe at damndelicious