Hi! Today we’re going to make some Jumbo Blueberry Muffins and we start with sift four cups of all-purpose flour, we have two cups of sugar one cup butter softened to room temperature 1 cup plain yogurt, 1 teaspoon of salt 2 and a half teaspoons of baking powder couple tablespoons of rolled oats.
Going to use this for garnish about 2 tbsp of vanilla extract 2 eggs. medium eggs and finally some frozen. blueberries and I will talk to you about. Why we’re using frozen blueberries in a second okay your 4 cups of flour. Add your salt and your baking powder and give that a sift and what that does is. It mixes everything together and you’re making sure that there’s no lumps in your flour that’s all there’s two we’re using really good flowers and we offset.
That okay we’re going to start mixing. the rest of our ingredients together but. before you do that turn your oven on to 375 Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius. And put the rack on a medium to low level and so let’s start what you do.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, washed, drained and picked over – or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed (muffins in photo used frozen blueberries)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Mix the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until it is light and soft.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder, into to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter.
- Fold in the remaining whole berries.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Fill with batter.
- Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons sugar over the tops of the muffins, reduce oven heat to 375, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool at least 30 minutes.
- Store muffins uncovered in a cool dry place for a day.
This The Best Easy Jumbo Blueberry Muffins Recipe adapted from sweetcsdesigns